Sensational Soundtracks: June

   Are we halfway through the year already?! How is this even possible? I thought February wasn't far behind us then BAM! It's June. Well, I guess it also marks us half way through this Sensational Soundtrack journey. Have you been enjoying it so far? I know I have! It really gives me an opportunity to stretch out and listen to more music, which is always a good thing.



Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

by Bear McCreary 

   I know, I know. This movie literally just cam out, but hey, that wasn't part of the rules, was it? I saw this recently (obviously) with my siblings, and it was really enjoyable, if you enjoy massive monsters, gorgeous CGI, and destruction on a global scale. But I'm not here to give an opinion on the movie, but to praise its soundtrack. 
  This movie packs in so much action and fight scenes, and the music matches perfectly. Ever have those days where you feel like fighting the world? Well, this music will definitely set you on the warpath. There is so. Much. Bass and choir. Is it appropriate and totally necessary? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean the entirety of McCreary's score is all heart- stopping destructiveness. Goodbye Old Friend is a mournful piece, beautifully followed by Rebirth. Also, the titular track King of the Monsters truly lives up to its name. 
  I don't know Bear McCreary from much, except that he composed the theme for The Walking Dead, which is one of those TV themes that instantly activates my fandom radar whenever its played. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel