Robots in Film Blogathon

     Hello lovelies! This is my entry for my first ever blogathan! It's Robots in Film, hosted by Hamlette's Soliloquy and Quiggy at the Midnite Drive- In. I'll be covering the Transformers films and the robots in them. Here's the link to "Arrival to Earth" by Steve Jablonsky. I've played it on violin and it is epic! Highly recommend while you read!

Autobot or Decipticon?


   Move aside all other robots. These are the true killing machines and sentient beings. Their origins begin way back in the 80s, but they didn't get a live- action film until 2007. Special effects brought the robots to life, with detailed transforming sequences and large scale battle scenes. They've covered eleven years so far, from Transformers (2007) to Bumblebee (2018), with hopefully more to come.

More than meets the eye.



   The Transformers aren't just robots with cool abilities; they're an alien race, as intelligent and functioning as human beings. They also have a fleshed out culture (not as much as I'd like, but that's another story). Their clearly a warrior race, very prone to violence; I mean, their literally built armed to the teeth!. They rip each other apart, dismembering and beheading all the way. The armies aren't typical of human culture, they don't have the same chain of command. They have their revered leaders, 'Primes', and a second- in- command. Cybertron, their home planet, isn't exactly organic, its mostly made of metal, probably the same 'transformium' they're made of. More of the culture is revealed every movie, especially Age of Extinction and The Last Knight, revealing they have a different creator than humans.


Strong protector.


   Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron are the most popular robots, mostly what people think of when they hear Transformers. My personal favorite is Optimus Prime. Deviating from the typical robot model, he's the epitome of a hero. He's a fierce warrior, taking out nearly every enemy he crosses paths with, but is extremely compassionate and patient towards humans, probably because he's lived a long time and has a lot of wisdom to spare. I imagine its like he happened upon a planet of cute, fragile creatures that need protecting. He's selfless, and his Autobots follow him unconditionally. He's also voiced by Peter Cullen, who has voiced every single Optimus Prime to grace the screen.

Baby Dino- bots! <3. 


  An interesting note that I think has to be made is that this isn't man versus machine, though it definitely is at some points, but, over all, it's machine versus machine. It's Autobots versus Decepticons. Light and dark. It makes it very clear who the good guys are and who the bad are, even down to the design of the bots. The Autobots are slimmer, with curved edges and larger eyes, while the Decepticons are rougher, often with red or purple eyes. But the variety doesn't stop there. Age of Extinction and The Last Knight introduced us to transforming dinosaurs and even a dragon. Epic.

The Last Knight


  What do you think of the Transformers? Who's your favorite bot, and what's your favorite movie? Let me know what you think!
   Roll out!



Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Your first blogathon! How exciting is that?

    I must admit I've never seen the Transformers movies. However, I remember playing with lots of them as a kid in the '80s, and I've got a nephew who has a whole collection of Transformers now that he and my son play with together. So I do at least know that Optimus Prime is a righteous dude. And I could see myself watching the films when my kids are in their teens and want to see them :-)

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me! This was a great way to show my love for the Transformers!

      Delete
  2. being a product of the 80s I loved Transformers but now that I'm older I had a hard time following the movies. For some reason I could not stay focused I know Im odd. I did like like the flicks and still need to watch the last one soon. My Favorite Bot would be Soundwave and as far as the movies I have to go with the early animation flick from the 80s with its super rad (lol yeah 80's talk) soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transformers always scared me...all that metallic power. My cousin has an awesome collection that he started as a kid in the 1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter was engrossed with The Transformers TV series growing up, and I was dragged into the universe and understand her devotion. The movies are certainly a mixed bag but with Bumblebee seem to be back on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interestingly enough, I've never gotten around to the live action films. I did watch the cartoon when I was in my early 20's. Good review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and family friendly. I'll try to reply as soon as I can to them. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Know the Novel

Sensational Soundtracks: July