Know the Novel


Know the Novel, Part 1: Introductory


  Here's part one to my novel, by Christine I know it's after NaNo and I'm already on the third draft, but I'm going to do this anyway and deepen my own knowledge of my story. So, here goes. 

                                                  The Third Coming

1. What first sparked the idea for this novel?



   As you may or may not have read already the idea came to me last year, while watching Yu- Gi- Oh! I'd had my current main character tucked away for a while, the product of a dream and couldn't let him go. I never thought I'd use him. But after getting the idea from the anime, I realized he'd be perfect for the role of hero. Thus started the Third Coming!

2. Share a blurb!



 Sometimes, all it takes is the will to stand up.

  Cas Yeager has lived a sheltered life on the planet Lyxandria, under the ever- watchful eye of his older brother, John. Captivated by stories from his childhood, Cas intends, one day, to climb Mount Evergone, the tallest in the world.
  Those dreams come crashing down overnight, when a mysterious man known as Cardinal, burns Cas's home to the ground and kidnaps John for unknown reasons. Broken, alone, and left for dead, Cas is miraculously revived by a strange power, assisted by a stranger who claims to know John. Together, they set out to find not only Cas's brother, but himself as well, and thr destiny he was born into.
  

3. Where does the story take place? What are some of your favorite aspects about the setting?




It takes place on the planet Lyxandria, orbiting a distant star in our solar system. It has a very rich history, from primal times to technological advances to the point where it takes place, an apacolyptic era. I love the fact that it's a fantasy world that's barely holding on, fearing the Wendigos that threaten to overrun the last two kingdoms still standing. It's also very beautiful, in its own way, when it was at its peak. 

4. Tell us about you protagonist.





 Usually, I've written female characters, but as I mentioned, Castle came out of a dream. In it, he was Cas, and I had to come up with something longer to fit the nickname. So Cas was born. He is also unlike my other characters, as he has no real past, no training in anything, but is thrust into the story as the hero anyway. H'es an optimistic, friendly, innocent ray of sunshine in a broken world, and is a peacemaker through and through forced to become a warrior. He does have a warrior's heart, though, and is no coward. 

5. Who (or what) is the antagonist?




  His name is Cardinal. He leads over fifty men and wears a bird plague mask to hide deformities. He's wickedly smart, viewing everything as a strategy and a lesson to be taught. He knows he's evil, but views that he has no other choice in the world he lives in. He's a wicked man, but he's different in many ways. He's an old man, for one, and horribly deformed and can't preform some physical functions. He also has the complete loyalty, not the fear, of his men, treating them as equals instead of subordinates. 

6. What excites you most about the novel?



 
 Everything. I love Cas so much, as I relate to him a lot. 

7. Is this going to be a series? Standalone? Something else?



   Definitely a series. Maybe five books or so, because I don't plan on stopping at a trilogy. 

8. Are you plotting? Pantsing? Plansting?


 
  I'm a planster by heart and give myself a loose structure but leave plenty of wiggle room. 

9. Name a few things that make this story unique.



   Cas, for one, as he's not your typical fantasy hero. Another is the magic system of Lyxandria. I've created it to a point where it's almost not worth it to have magic. It puts such a strain mentally and physically where people can lose themselves and go crazy if used too much. Also the Wendigos, a frightening alternative to zombies. 






10. Share a fun "extra" of the story. 

.

      One special theme I really wanted to get across in the series is the contrast of light and dark. Cas pretty much harnesses the power of the sun, the embodiment of light. Sun and darkness are prevailing themes. 
   
  For musical themes, my main instrumental theme is Dragon Rider, by Two Steps from Hell. The lyrical theme is Towards the Sun, by Rihanna. 
 










So there you have it! Thank you for reading and have a great day! Happy writing!

Comments

  1. Oh my gracious THIS. SOUNDS. AMAZING! :O Like aaaahhhhh!!! I love everything about this. I'm sitting here in awe at your worldbuilding skills. It sounds like you've put so much thought into the world. And I LOVE it. Fantasy is my favorite genre, and I love apocalyptic things, so putting them together??? THAT IS BRILLIANT. The magic system sounds really cool too, and your villain just seems delightfully chilling.

    I seriously love it ALL! Thanks for joining in the tag! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine and sorry it took so long to reply. Your excitement encourages me beyond words. I love fantasy, too, and can't imagine writing anything else. You're amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and family friendly. I'll try to reply as soon as I can to them. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party