Some Disney Magic

   Hey all! For those who are closest to me, or know me at all, they know I'm a complete Disney fan. I love any and all things Disney. My go to vacation destination is a Disney park. And the best part of it? I'm lucky enough to have a whole family to share my obsession with. In fact, I honestly can't believe it took me so long to write a post about it.



  My love for Disney goes way, far enough before I can even remember. According to my parents, literally the only movie that would grab my attention as a toddler was Toy Story 2. Nothing else would hold my attention that long. I also remember visiting Disneyland way back in 2004, and riding everything from It's a Small World to Matterhorn. And I was little.
  But the main reason I wanted to write this post was to simply share of bit of the magic with all of you. Disney constantly boasts about its magic, that it can take you somewhere special. I truly pity those who haven't experienced it for themselves.
  Recently, our family was watching old videos; the kind that were filmed on one of those old, bulky video cameras before smart phones were truly a thing. We were on vacation aboard a Disney cruise. I was little at the time, not even ten. It was by far one of the defining experiences of my childhood. I was already way into Disney. One of the things I remember doing onbaord the ship was having tea with Wendy (also when I tasted tea for the first time; very bitter and I hated the taste). Just like the name suggests, Wendy from Peter Pan was there, teaching us proper tea etiquette and telling us the tale of Peter Pan. My dad caught the whole thing on video, mostly filming my sister and I.



  I looked pretty bored at first; the beginning was merely just a lady telling us the history of tea. Wasn't very entertaining for a seven- year- old. Right after that, however, Wendy came out, sounding exactly like her character from thew movie. And my little face just lit up. Quite literally. There's a spark in my eye and a huge grin on my face. And I paid attention to the whole thing after that. Anyone watching could have sworn, that, just for a moment, I actually believed she was real. That Peter Pan was real. Looking back and remembering it for myself, I think I did for a second.
   That's something nothing else can replicate or replace. I may not "believe" as I did then, but the magic will always exist. The smiling faces that you see in advertisements? Real. Disney makes real things, and, dare I say, real magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel