Sensational Soundtracks: February

Hello lovelies! Just popping by with my monthly soundtrack post!

Sword Art Online (2012- present)

by Yuki Kajiura 



  Sword Art Online is one of the most popular anime out there, as well as one of my absolute favorites. Maybe the soundtrack has something to do with it. If I'm being honest, I think it actually does. I first watched a scene of it before watching the actual series, and A Tender Feeling was playing in the background. I think I grew heart eyes listening to the delicate, romantic piano.
   I could literally listen to this music all day. It also set a high bar for the rest of the anime I watched, thinking that they all had great soundtracks. Yes, others are pretty good, but nothing can even think of touching Kajiura's masterpieces in Sword Art Online. 
   The show is a mix of action and adventure, and drama. Kajiura blends both flawlessly, creating vibrant fight songs to match the virtual fantasy land, and sweet, moving pieces to reflect the tender moments. She uses a lot of string instruments and choir to accent her music, which always gives the feel of either sword fighting or holding your lover.
   The score also repeats like a pro. In the beginning stages of the show, it plays its pieces, like Swordland, at critical places. Later, in the second half, when it isn't as prominent, it will suddenly curt in and have the audience near cheering.
  I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with Yuki Kajiura. But, I know she has written soundtracks for several other anime shows, games, and Japanese movies. If she hasn't won any awards for her work, I certainly hope she does in the future!

Thanks for reading! ~TQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel