Fantasy Favorites Tag

   Hi lovelies! Yes, yes, I have another tag to share. I've had a lot of those lately haven't I? Well, what's another added to the list? Let there be tags, I say! As the title suggests, it's dedicated to "Fantasy Favorites"!



  This tag comes from Christine over at Musings of an Elf. If you haven't checked her blog out yet, I strongly suggest you do so. She's a sweet and wonderful person and I love each and every one of her posts! This tag was created by Janelle, who's hosting "February is Fantasy Month" on her blog, celebrating the genre of fantasy.
  I know I'm coming in really late, but hey, February isn't quite over yet is it?
 
  There are a few rules that come with this tag. I shall go over them before proceeding.

1. Thank the blogger who tagged you. I stole it, but thank you Christine and Janelle!
2. Include the graphic somewhere in your post. See above. Who wouldn't want to use that?
3. Answer the questions.
4. Tag a few blogger friends. Stay tuned for that part!

  Now, for the tag!

What is Your Favorite Fantasy Book?

   Fantasy is pretty much all I read, so HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO NARROW THIS DOWN!! 
  *Takes deep breath*
  So. I suppose a favorite would be something you can read over and over again, without getting tired of it. There are books I've read twice, maybe three times over, but only one, actually, that I've read literally ten times, if not more. 
  I give you...



  Artemis Fowl!
  A boy genius. Fairies with modern technology. A very lovable but lethal mountain of a man. Plenty of humor. This pretty much sums up Eoin Colfer's book, which fortunately turned into a eight book series, and now is getting a live action movie! Yes, this is the one I can curl up with at any given time, no matter my mood. 

What is Your Favorite Fantasy Movie or TV Show (or both!)?

  OK, I'm doing both on this one, because for me, movies and shows are two categories all on there own. But boy, are both of these difficult. 



  For movies, I'll go with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the subsequent Hobbit trilogy (though I MUST mention that the Harry Potter series is very close). Tolkien's world is just brought so beautifully to life in all six, making you cry and cheer, sometimes both at the same time. It's just a great piece of storytelling showcasing the light and dark, good and evil. 

  As for shows, *sucks in breath* (somehow this is way harder), I have to say...



  Avatar: The Last Airbender. Don't let the fun animation style fool you. It has more depth, heart, humor, and world- building than most adult shows. In fact, I argue it was made for both audiences. The bending, the plot lines, the characters, the climax; I have literally no complaint against this show. 

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Hero/ Heroine?

   Let's do a hero and heroine, shall we?



   Eragon from the Eragon series is probably my all time favorite hero. He may be a classic case of "farmboy turned hero of the land", but that doesn't make me love him any less. Though, of course, he wouldn't be half the man he is without his sassy dragon Saphira. And don't get me started how they utterly butchered the movie. 
   As far as heroines go.... I'm going to be honest. It's hard for me to find awesome leading ladies nowadays that are both warriors and lovable. But those I DO like are impossible to choose from. But, coming in first you have to be....



   Yumeko, from the Shadow of the Fox series. What sets her apart from the others, you ask? Well, for one, she's half a fox, and for another, she's mischievous. She loves pranks but also has a very kind heart and firm hand, especially with men with too much ego. 

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Sidekick?

   Yes! An *easier* question (not really). Sidekicks are many things, and one of those things is being there when the hero can't do things on their own. It's what makes them so great. There are two, however, are the ones that stick out the most. 

Samwise Gamgee (of course)- Lord of the Rings
Butler- Artemis Fowl 
Weasley twins- Harry Potter 
Neville Longbottom- also Harry Potter

All are very different but incredible in their own way. 

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Villain? (The one you most love to hate?)

   Ah. So we come to it. They exist everywhere, so this will be another toughie. I guess this one can be the one that irritates the complete heck out of you and you want them to. Just. Die. I don't think amusing villains are going to make the cut. 
  One is definitely Umbridge from Harry Potter. She is truly detestable, more so than Voldermort. 



  Another is Lady Satomi from the aforementioned Shadow of the Fox. *Grinds teeth*. At least in Umbridge's case, she's very toad- like. Lady Satomi is all that, and then she has the nerve to be beautiful as well. 

What is Your Favorite Fantasy Sub- Genre?


  Probably Heroic Fantasy. Swords, magic, romance, dragons, all of it. 

What is Your Favorite Thing About Fantasy?



  The ability to escape into another world. I love the adventure, mostly. For an introvert who'd rather not go outside, I have a strong desire to go on fantastic adventures, wield a sword or bow, and fall in love with a handsome hero. 

What is Your Favorite Fantasy Realm?



   Aargh! Why are these so hard?! You know what, I'll just list all my favorites in quick succession. 

Narnia
Berk
Hogwarts
Storybrook, Maine
Iron City (Alita: Battle Angel)
Ninjago (Do NOT judge me, OK?)

What is Your Favorite Fantasy Magic System?

   Magic needs rules, right? Restrictions, or else magic users would take over their respective worlds. Even though there's a ton of magic out there, the most unique system that stood out to me was in the Mark of the Dragonfly (seriously, read it). 


      Basically, people with magic are called synergists, and can force a certain substnace by using their will. But it it doesn't have to be an element. For example, the main character can manipulate machines. And one of the best parts is that she didn't even know magic existed in her world. Another form of magic are chaemlins, shapeshifters that have horrible immune systems. 

Sell Me a Fantasy Book! Have you Written a Fantasy Book? Give Me Your Best Pitch for It! Have You Read an Exceptionally Great Fantasy Book Recently? Convince Me to Make it My Next Read!

   Well, I write fantasy, but don't have anything published, so I'll give you a pitch for a recent fantasy book I've read. There are many, but here's one I think everyone will love. 



  A Whole Nother Story by Cuthbert Soup. OK, so maybe it's not just one book, it's a trilogy, and there's a funny story that goes along with it. I accidentally, because it didn't specify, read the entire trilogy backwards. As in 3, 2, 1. And it turned out to be fine. 
  As with all things, don't let the age recommendation fool you. It's an immensely fun read centered around a family of three children and their father. Since their father is a genius that has built a time machine, the CIA, and various other shady organizations hunt them down. This leads to the murder of the children's mother, which sends the heartbroken family members on the run. Naturally, it also involves time travel, and, *ahem*, unsolicited advice by the flamboyant narrator. 
  The characters are all super lovable, and the villains delightful. I'll let you in on a secret; it's hard for me to laugh sometimes at stories. But these stories literally had me laughing until my face turned red and I started crying. I'm completely serious. It was simply so fun, so heart- warming, and I think you will too. 

Tagged


What are your favorite fantasy things? Let me know in the comments! I really want to know! ~TQ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel