A New Year

2019

2018 Recap

  Hey everybody! Happy New Year's! I hope everybody had a a great year they can be proud of! I just wanted to recap 2018 for myself, and what went right. I know if we focus on the negatives, that's all we will focus on on forget all the good things that happened.

1. A New Job

  This was by far the biggest thing for me in 2018. This was something I desperately wanted, and couldn't be more thankful to God that I got it. My first job was working at the local McDonald's. Shout out to any and all fast food and retail workers; this line of work is hard, between customers and coworkers. I was stuck there for over three years, and was a manager for almost one. I absolutely hated it, and searched for a new job for moths. Eventually, I landed an interview with Wells Fargo, and I got the job a month later. I'm four moths in, and couldn't be happier with it. Here's to the best year I can make there!

2. NaNoWriMo

   NaNo was a goal of mine in 2017. I failed, then. But in 2018, I tried again. And I did it. I got 50,011 words in, plus the completion of my second draft. On that note, I finished the first draft earlier that year as well, which was a massive step for me. My writing life has been nothing short of miraculous and I'm still wondering how I pulled it off. Hopefully I'll keep the fire alive this year. 

3. The Bible

  This was my second year, not in a row, of reading the Bible in a year. This time, I did it in chronological order, which turned out to work better for me than just reading it how it's laid out. I'm super happy I did this and put myself into a scheduled reading of the Word. 

2019 Goals


1. Health

  I was really lax these past few months when it came to eating healthy and exercising. I want to fix that this year. Of course, that excludes holidays and vacations. Overall, I don't want to be as lazy, since I am an adult (cue the laugh tracks), and should be more healthy than I was being. 

2. Peacemaker

  I fight with my siblings all the time. Literally. Those of you with younger siblings will understand how you want to strangle them with your bare hands but also smother them with unending love. The three of us will literally fight over anything. Any. Little. Thing. I want to try and cut that in half this year, and not pick as many fights. 

What are your thoughts for 2019? Feel free to share!

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel