The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag





 This post comes to pay homage to the best decade of movies to grace our generation: The MCU!. This comes all the way from the ever lovely Christine, go check her out! The MCU began way back in 2008, and now will (somewhat, it would seem) wrap up here in good ol' 2019. I'm seeing Endgame soon and I'm not ready. I'm just not. I don't think anybody is. But on with the post!

The Rules ('cause we all need a few)

1. Feel free to include the above graphic somewhere in your post (though not required).

2. Take the questions and answer them on either your blog our social media of your choice.

3. Tag up to five other Marvel fans (I'll try!)

1. How were you introduced into the MCU fandom?



   Much like Christine's answer, I grew up on the early Tobey Macguire Spider- Man film. It was one of my favorite movies when I was little. But that was really my only superhero movie. Fast forward to the early MCU films. I was late getting in, but the first film (I think) was Captain America: The First Avenger, and I went head over heels for Steve Rogers. Now here I am, drowning in the fandom. 

2. What's your favorite Marvel film?

  Impossible to answer with just one. Some of my favorites include:

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Captain America: Civil War

Thor: Ragnarok

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant- Man and the Wasp

3. Top favorite Marvel character?

  Again, an impossible question. As I stated above, I've been in love with Steve Rogers for a long time, and I don't think that's ever going to change. BUT in terms of favorites, I have to include:


Thor, because who doesn't love this man who would rather make peace than fight?

Scott Lang. He's so precious and chill yet constantly underestimated (even by this fandom)

Gamora. She's a warrior- turned- mom for the Guardians. One of my favorites. 





4. If you were transported to the MCU and had to trade places with one of the superheroes, who would you choose?



   Oooooh, this one's good. To be honest, I don't think I'd last very long no matter who I picked, but it would be awesome anyway. But I'm going to choose one of the most criminally underrated characters in the MCU: Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon. 
  Let's face it, who wouldn't want to go by the name of Falcon? Hid flight abilities appeal the most to me, not to mention the fact that he's an expert combatant as well. Not to mention the fact that I'd get to hang out with all the Avengers on a daily basis and risk your life a little less than everyone else. In Sam's own words, "Avenging's your world. Your world is crazy." Yes, Sam. Yes it is. 

5. What are some of your favorite quotes from the films?

  Choices, choices. Every single film has at least one pure gold line. Here are some of my personal favorites:

"I'm only going to say this once."
"How about nunce?"
- Steve and Tony, Age of Ultron

"Does anyone have any orange slices?"
- Scott Lang, Civil War

"You're a dude. This, this is a man. A handsome, muscular man."
- Drax, Infinity War

"His first name is Agent."
- Tony Stark, Avengers

"Can you move your seat up?"
"No."
- Bucky and Sam, Civil War

  And of course, there's always

"Dormamu, I've come to bargain" Repeat 100x
- Stephen Strange, Doctor Strange

  Better stop now or we'll never move on. 

6. Which crew would you want to be a part of the most? The Avengers, Revengers, or Guardians of the Galaxy?



  Could I just pull a Thor and be a part of all three? Oh, well. I might have to say the Revengers. I get to hang out with Thor and Loki, and, let's be honest, this group is probably the most functional of all three. That's because Thor is leading but that's none of my business. 

7. Favorite and least favorite ship?

  Finally and easy one! Hands down my favorite is Starmora, Peter Quill and Gamora. He's a womanizer, but as we see by the second Guardians movie, he cares deeply about Gamora and wants to change that, and vise versa, as she opens up and admits her feelings. Their entire arc in Infinity War both satisfied and then promptly killed me. 
  I feel obligated to mention Clint and Laura. Now there's a couple who completely supports one another no matter what. The fandom needs more of them!



  My least favorite is probably Bruce and Natasha. A lot of good came out of Age of Ultron, but that was not one of them. It's just a bit, uncomfortable, to be honest. 

8. Favorite and least favorite villain?


  I'm blessed! Another easy one! My favorite villain is Vulture, from Spider- Man: Homecoming. Miachael Keaton was amazing, and the fact that he protected Peter's identity in prison meant he had respect for the teen. And can we just take a moment to appreciate his design. The helmet, the jacket, the kick- butt wings? I must have a thing for wings. 


  I think everyone knows the answer of the least favorite. Thanos. No questions asked. Everything about him is loathsome, and I really don't care who kills him at this point, as long as he dies a painful death. 













9. Unpopular MCU opinion?

  I'm actually OK with the Steve/ Sharon relationship. *Braces for the riot storm*. I honestly don't see what's so bad about her, or them. She had one of the best lines in the universe "... No, you move." While it did feel a little rushed, I'm still fine with it. 

10. What's your favorite Stan Lee cameo?



  Ah, Stan Lee. A man who shaped a generation. To me, it only seems fitting his last cameo will be Endgame. *Cries*. 
  Anyway, each of his cameos are gold, but I think my favorite is:

"I thought he'd be taller."
- Stan Lee at Steve's medal ceremony. 

  I just want to wrap this post up by saying thank you to all the directors, writers, producers, actors, and many others who poured their careers into these films. It's brought a lot of joy to people around the globe. In Stan Lee's words from Spider- Man 3: 

"I guess one person really can make a difference. Enough said."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robots in Film Blogathon

Lovely Blog Party

Know the Novel